Inspired by a recipe in the My New Roots cookbooks, I whipped up this super simple crumble using Noisette ghee that is a total crowd pleaser.
- 2 large pears
- 3 cups blackberries or mixed berries
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped raw walnuts
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup Lee's Brown Butter Ghee, chilled
- Preheat the oven to 350°C
- Chop up the pears into 1" pieces. Place them in a 9-inch baking dish with the berries.
- Mix in the maple syrup and cinnamon with the fruit.
- To make the crumble, combine oats, maple syrup, walnuts, flour, sea salt. Cut in the ghee until mixture is crumbly. Spread over the fruit.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Serve warm.