By Lee Capatina
Packed with healthy fats to keep your skin glowing and your energy buzzing, this recipe is a must for anyone who has a healthy sweet tooth! Inspired by the delicious Middle Eastern dessert called halva, I've used tahini in the recipe, but feel free to substitute any nut or seed butter you happen to have on hand.
You can also make the recipe with using carob powder in place of cacao powder. This version won’t keep you up at night and still tastes just as fudgey and delicious. To make this recipe keto-friendly, simply omit the maple syrup and substitute a few drops of stevia.
A sprinkle of Maldon salt takes this dessert to the next level.
- 3/4 cup Brown Butter Ghee
- 3/4 cup tahini + 1 tablespoon
- 3/4 cup coconut butter or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup raw cacao
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Flaked sea salt (such as Maldon), to taste
1. Melt ghee, tahini, coconut butter or oil, cacao powder, maple syrupand sea salt in a saucepan over low heat and stir until combined.
2. Pour mixture into a small, square baking dish. Freeze for an hour or more.
3. To serve, drizzle some tahini on top with toasted sesame seeds and flaked sea salt.
Copyright © 2018, Lee's Provisions Inc.