- 2-4 grams Ippodo Matcha Tea
- 1 cup of hot, but not boiling water (80°C)
- 1 level teaspoon of Plain Jane Ghee or Beurre Noisette Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Vanilla Bean Powder
- Optional: 1 teaspoon Raw Honey, to sweeten
Bring the water to 80°C or bring the water to a boil and let cool for 3 minutes. Strain the matcha into a bowl through a tea strainer to remove the clumps. Add half the hot water to the matcha powder and whisk using a "W" motion until frothy. Add ghee and vanilla to the matcha, and whisk some more. Pour the remaining water into the matcha. At this point, you can sweeten it with honey to taste. Enjoy!
Note: If you do not have a matcha whisk at home, you can also use a milk frother or a high-speed blender.